Saturday, November 10, 2007

MY pink book

I got a bookmooch book in the mail today. It is Debbie Macomber's Changing Habits and it is about three women who enter the convent in the 50's and 60's and leave in the 70's. Even though all the women end up leaving, the book paints their convent life in a reasonably positive fashion--as opposed to some nun novels that make the convent seem like another word for jail. I enjoyed the book an one day it may be on my bookmooch list, but not right now. You see, this isn't my book, it belongs to my youngest.

When I was opening the package today she was there and asked for the pink book. I gave it to her, figuring that she'd tire of it soon enough, since it is totally devoid of pictures. She took it into her room and picked it up in there and started to read it. I set it down, she picked it up and took it back. I put her to bed and reclaimed my book. I read in bed for a few minutes before leaving for adoration. I left the book on my bed and when I got home it wasn't there anymore. I went into the bathroom and noted that she'd been in there. I went into her room and there next to her on the bed was the pink book. Since I'm finished with it, I guess I'll give it back.

2 comments:

  1. :>) The Lord guides in mysterious ways! Children are the most interesting people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book. I'll have to wait for your little girl to tire of the pink book. :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats