Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wonder Hanger: My Review

Wonder HangerWonder Hanger


The Wonder Hanger® is an affordable tool that's great for any Spring Cleaning features. This cascading clothes organizer increases closet space by enabling you to stack clothes vertically.  Each Wonder Hanger holds 5 wood, metal or plastic hangers.  There are 8 hangers to a package – enough to hang 40 garments. The open-mouth design allows you to easily add or remove your jackets, skirts, pants and shirts. Supporting up to 20 pounds, it can hold up to 5 heavy winter jackets.


You can use it to group complete outfits or similar items, organize by color or season, and hang handbags or belts.   It retails for $9.99 and can be purchased at major retail chains including Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and CVS and online at www.buywonderhanger.com.


It is official.  My five year old watches too much television.  Recently a package arrived at my house.  It contained the complimentary set of Wonder Hangers, sent to me for the purposes of this review.  She recognized the box immediately and then asked where the other pieces which are included with the package when ordered from the TV ad were.  I had to explain that the package Mom got only included the Wonder Hangers, and not the extra stuff.


Wonder Hangers are a "some assembly required" product, and a certain amount of hand strength was necessary to snap the pieces together.  Once assembled, I started to use them.  First, I went into my closet, hung up the Wonder Hanger, and grabbed the nearest hangers to fill it.  For those who don't watch commercials, a Wonder Hanger is basically two plastic hooks connected by a bar with slots for standard hangers.  The hooks are attached to the bar with a swiveling screw so that once you place the hangers in the slots, you can remove one of the hooks from the closet bar and drop it down so that your clothes are still hanging, but using more vertical space,at least at the top, so that hypothetically you can fit more clothes in the closet.  Anyway, once I had filled a couple of them, I acted like it was morning and I was looking for something to wear.  I found them much harder to peruse than regular hangers.  I ended up putting them at the back of my closet and using them for things I rarely wear but don't wish to discard.  They may have saved me a little space, but frankly, not much.


Next, I went into my girls' room.  I thought I would hang school uniforms on them, since they are all the same anyway.  The problem in there was that they have a bookcase under their closet bar.  When I dropped the Wonder Hanger down,  the clothes hit the bookcase.


As noted above, they sell for $9.99 at major retailers, and if you are an organization fiend with lots of clothes, you may find this product helpful--and you aren't out too much if you don't care for it.  However, if you order online, you'll pay an additional $15.99 and I think that's way too much.  You will however, get those extras my daughter noted were missing (not sure if you'd get those at the store or not).


This is a Mama Buzz review.  Free product was provided for this review.  To read other reviews, go to the MamaBuzz home review.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I´m from Argentina and I found very helpfull your review.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats